my friend arj gradated with first class honours in biotechnology in november and her family came from sri lanka for a visit, and to see her graduate. whilst i wasn’t able to attend the graduation due to exam revision, i was lucky enough to spend the morning with arj and her family over bunch. i adore meeting my friends families and getting to hear about how my friends were as children.
truth be told, i loved my vacation.
i truly enjoyed myself and absolutely adored the reading time, the internet-free moments and the sunshine. // after finishing my first year at uni, this vacation was exactly what the doctor ordered… it was essential for me to relax, enjoy some much needed quiet time and it was vital for me to have minimal use of social media. majority of the time, my phone only had one bar of reception and for a large portion of my vacation, i couldn’t find the 3g network. // while i was initially skeptical about taking a beach vacation, it turned out to be exactly what my body needed as i’m feeling fresher and wonderfully invigorated for doing so.
where i stayed:
santai retreat was where i choose to relax for eight days. the main reason we decided upon santai was because their accommodation offered apartments which featured a self-contained kitchenette. this feature absolutely won me over because i knew i wouldn’t want to be eating out for eight days and being able to cook was sublime.
where i ate:
- spice den is attached to our retreat and their banquet style of service was such a lovely concept.
- marty’s at caba is where i had the most incredible veggie burger i’ve ever eaten (or should i say, attempted to eat) as they use shredded potato and any vegetables in the kitchen to make an incredible burger.
- cafe zingara is such a delightful surprise of a cafe that we stumbled upon for breakfast one morning and their fresh ingredients made for such a wholesome meal, and the service was beyond fantastic.
- blackboard coffee is one of the places you would never have known about, unless your friends tell you. danielle and tommy gave us directions (about 45 minutes away) and we met them there. this place really loves their coffee and the fish burrito was exactly how i imagined after reading it on the menu. i also discovered the maple makes for the best coffee addition ever, seriously… go try it, right this second.
- manna haven is a vegetarian restaurant in byron bay which serves the most incredible vegan lasagna that i’ve ever tried. their use of cashew cream won my heart, as did their vegan waffles.
- the stunned mullet is the local fish and chip shop that has the best rustic chips that i’ve ever eaten in my life, they are the chips i dream about – even two weeks after i ate them.
while on my vacation to see one of my best friends marry her soulmate, i also spent a week exploring northern nsw and queensland beaches. // i was truly blessed to have a car and to be able to experience a section of australia that i was yet to see. // i was away for a total of 8 days; where i stayed in a small beach town called casuarina, nearby cabarita and coolangatta. // it was delightful, and seeing the beach was a perfect post exam relaxation.
i’m currently sitting poolside, using my iPhone hotspot to super quickly fill you in on my holiday… i’m at casuarina which is northern nsw, right near the nsw/qld boarder. i’m here for the wedding of my friend danielle to her handsome husband tommy. i arrived on thursday and i leave on friday, which is such a joy because i will get to not only enjoy the wedding and sunshine, i am also able to explore the area and sightsee.
we finished our first year at university and we celebrated by indulging in delicious food at the sultan’s table in enmore. // the night after my last exam was when we decided to have dinner together and we may have spent the entire night complaining about just how difficult we found our semester to be. // i’m so thankful to have had these two by my side this year as they made the horrible days seem less horrific and i cannot thank these two enough for always being there when i required a pep talk. // these two are sensational and i am lucky enough to call them my friends.
I.CANNOT.BELIEVE.IT – i finished my first year of university. wow!!
i’m in such a weird head space. i’m loving that my first year is done and i’m glad to have some time to not be thinking about all things university, also i’m glad to be able to catch up on my television shows BUT i’m also already missing the learning … hence why this nerd has signed up for summer school… i’m planning to write a first year of university summary post in the next week or so. i’m not ready, just yet, to write about it.
best be off, it’s time to say hello to grey’s anatomy, carrie diaries, 2 broke girls, the black list, awkward, homeland, glee, hart of dixie, modern family, orange is the new black, revenge, smash and don’t trust the b in apt 23. oh gosh, i’ve missed television.